…you rediscovered the joy of parenting and reconnected with your children who have been captured by the screen sucking siren of computers, smartphones, laptops, gaming consoles, and the like?
…your kids/tweens/teens voluntarily got off Minecraft/Facebook/Instagram when it was time for dinner/homework/bedtime/anything else?
…you felt confident and happy about achieving a healthy balance of family time, physical activity, academics, unstructured play, social interaction, and screen time in your family life?
…you had a place to regularly find ideas, tools, community and a bit of a laugh to get you through the tough times that are a part of the daily parenting with screens?
You are not alone. Let’s take the journey together!
Imagine if you and I could turn ‘what if’ into real life.
I LOVE my family. I ENJOY technology. But I STRUGGLED with the technology habits in my own family. Then I discovered a long forgotten SECRET. Which I had hidden from myself.
That secret transformed our family. That secret put us back in control of our technology habits. That secret inspired me to start this blog.
I love LEARNING and SHARING that learning with friends.
I am the friend that reads all of the parenting handbooks, listens to the audios and webinars for good measure, attends parent coaching sessions (group and personal), and then kicks off the discussion with her mates to bring real life practice to the theories.
I am the friend who discovers her son has ADHD, flies her family to a workshop in the US to meet a world renowned global ADHD expert famous for his strengths-based approach, and then organises a series of workshops in the UK hosted by that same expert.
I am the friend that looks across disciplines, decides that learning how to build habits is fundamental to life happiness, reaches out to the leading thinkers to understand how this applies to parenting and is now building a software product to support this approach.
I am the friend who loves using her own family as a test case. And they don’t seem to mind the experiments too much. In fact, they now know that we learn best from both success and failure.
With three boys ranging from teen to toddler, I am the friend who will SHARE the depth and breadth of her LEARNING with YOU in this blog by:
- delivering practical advice and tools across the worlds of parenting, habit-building, and the digital domain in order to help you build a better family life (one habit at a time).
- sharing my ongoing journey with you (what worked, what didn’t) which might smooth your journey (or at least be good for a laugh).
To start our journey together with free tips, tools, support and laughter (and a commitment not to overwhelm your inbox), please register here.
- 3 cool kids (all boys), 1 patient hubby, and 1 adorable dog (my only girl).
- Transatlantic Lady – grew up and worked in the USA, grew up some more and now live with my Merry Men in England.
- Have done both super-ambitious career path and ultra-motivated SAHM route – enjoyed and learned from both, and am now in portfolio life mode.
- Interested in WAAYYYY too much. My bookshelves groan under the weight of tomes on parenting, self-improvement, and business books as well my Great Works of Western Civilisation (which I have yet to start).
- Outlook on life was built on A Wrinkle in Time, Harriet the Spy, Jo’s Boys (the sequel to Little Women) and the perennial winner…To Kill a Mockingbird.
- I still cry when I see the film Stepmom, the screen version of Little Women, and (sometimes) even manipulative reality TV backstories.
- My Not-So-Secret Guilty Pleasures: ANTM, The Apprentice, Dr Who, and all things Oprah.
- I want to be a great parent! And I believe it’s a path best travelled with others who share the same goal.
- There are as many ways to be a parent, as there are parents – but empathy, self-awareness, guts, and resilience are critical habits for great parenting.
- We have to start somewhere. Take aim, start small, and don’t forget to breathe.
- Start over again. And again…
3 Quotes on Habits
- “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” Aristotle
- “A nail is driven out by another nail. Habit is overcome by habit.” Desiderius Erasmus
- “Habits change into character.” Publius Ovidius Naso Ovid
2 Quotes on Family
- “A family is a place where principles are hammered and honed on the anvil of everyday living.” Charles R. Swindoll
- “I believe the world is one big family, and we need to help each other.” Jet Li
1 Quote on Technology
- “It’s not a faith in technology. It’s faith in people.” Steve Job